Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:56:32 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@freebsd.org>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: CVSROOT modules

On Thu 2001-01-04 (09:33), Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> >   Modified files:
> >     .                    modules
> >   Log:
> >   Finish my four-day attempt to nearly sync with CPAN.  I think I'm
> >   gonna get off my computer for awhile..
>
> Are you sure this is the right approach?
>
> I'm of the opinion that we should use the CPAN module itself to manage
> Perl packages, rather than the ports system.

I think the ability to provide packages for these things is useful, and
to generate packages one (almost always) need ports.  And the end result
is the same in any case, except the tarballs may be auto-mirrored by
your friendly network FreeBSD distfiles archive.

(I tend to use ports over CPAN where possible, actually.)

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@mithrandr.moria.org