Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 21:42:28 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@eurocontrol.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current Users' list <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ntpd 4.1

--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 12:25:13PM +0200, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> Now that ntpd 4.1.0 has been released (finally!), I'll upgrade current ve=
ry
> soon.
>=20
> The question I have is the following: authentication was done with md5 co=
de
> builtin and I disabled DES support (not supported anymore). Now, with 4.1,
> it can be linked to openssl but it is still an optional component.
>=20
> I'm a bit reluctant to force openssl for just ntpd.
>=20
> Any ideas / comments ?

What we do for a number of other system components that can be built
with/without openssl/crypto support is to select that based on
NO_OPENSSL (and some other -- semi-redundant -- checks), and make sure
it's built twice in make release.  Look at release/Makefile and the
ppp and tcpdump code to see how it's done.

Kris

--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq

--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq--