Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:10:11 GMT
From:      "Terrence Koeman" <root@mediamonks.net>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/145305: [ipfw] ipfw problems, panics, data corruption, ipv6 socket weirdness

The following reply was made to PR kern/145305; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Terrence Koeman" <root@mediamonks.net>
To: "bug-followup@FreeBSD.org" <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 12:08:36 +0200

 I spoke too soon. The panics and corruption are gone, but there's still the=
  problem of local ipv6 addresses being used 'as' ipv4 addresses which resul=
 ts in bad source addresses:

 Jun 30 10:50:42 adinava kernel: ipfw: 65529 Accept TCP 1.23.2.0:28593 <some=
  ext. IP>:25 out via bce0

 I'm having tons of those, where 1.23.2.0 is obviously not a locally bound I=
 P but the result of the local system trying to send a SYN from a local ipv6=
  address to a remote ipv4 address.

 PS: Excuse me for signing my previous followup.

 --
 Regards,
 T. Koeman, MTh/BSc/BPsy; Technical Monk

 MediaMonks B.V. (www.mediamonks.com)
 Please quote all replies in correspondence.