Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 12:10:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        Daniel Baker <dbaker@pluto.ops.NeoSoft.com>
Cc:        Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freeloading FreeBSD for Free -- NOT!

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Daniel Baker wrote:
> I think the majority of users that will run FreeBSD on their sparc
> will _not_ be the users with the higher end boxes, but more likely the
> old kludges everyone has lying around doing nothing. I think IPX's,
> SS2s, SS5s, etc should be the FIRST supported.

Like I said, I think supporting these older machines is great, but that
isn't where my initial effort will be focused.  I expect to get more help
from people on the older machines, so possibly support will even be good
from an early stage, as compared to UltraSPARC support.

Jason

Jason Evans
Email: [jasone@canonware.com]
Home phone: [(650) 856-8204]
Work phone: [(408) 774-8007]
Quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration" - Thomas Edison]