Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:13:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Chris Andrichak" <chris@i-planet.com>
To:        "Doug Lo" <jwlo@ms11.hinet.net>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Would anyone tell me what it means?

"Doug Lo" <jwlo@ms11.hinet.net> wrote:
]Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 18:18:46 +0800
]Hi,
]
]I run 'javac -encoding Big5 test.java' to compile chinese java program.
]I start netscape and load my chinese java applet, I got error messages:
]
]% Could not get localized       resources:
]java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: native method
]java/util/ResourceBundle.getClassContext not found: Undefined symbol
]  at java.util.ResourceBundle.getLoader(ResourceBundle.java)
]* at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java)
]  at netscape.softupdate.Strings.bundle(Strings.java)
]  at netscape.softupdate.Strings.getString(Strings.java)
]  at netscape.softupdate.Strings.targetDesc_LimitedInstall(Strings.java)
]  at netscape.softupdate.SoftwareUpdate.<clinit>(SoftwareUpdate.java)
]Using English Language Default.

Offhand, I'd say that it couldn't find the Big5 localization file or
that some certain symbol it was looking for in the file isn't in the
file. Notice the 'Using English Language Default' statement at the bottom.

It might be looking for this file:
/usr/local/jdk1.1.5/lib/font.properties.zh_TW_Big5
which is in my distribution, at least.

chris