Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 22:59:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Jaime Bozza <wheelman@nuc.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Driver Question

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Jaime Bozza wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Doug White wrote:
>
> > The 900 is 10/100 as well, if I remember correctly.  The 905 may be
> > better.  (It may have less cache because the PCI bus is probed faster than
> > the ISA bus is...)
>
> The 900 is straight 10, the 905 is 10/100 ...  (Interestingly enough, the
> 10/100 cards have special pricing right now from what I've seen)

Hm, we sell the 900s as PCI options to students.  I thought the win95
probe lists 10/100..oh well.

> > The Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B is supported quite well in FreeBSD; also
> > any DE21x4x based cards (Kingston, SMC, Accton, Dayna, others) work very
> > nicely.
>
> Got the same recommendation from someone else.  Thanks. :)

I have a Dayna right now, which was originally destined for a Mac.  Dayna
normally makes ethernet adapters for Macs, but this is the first PCI card
i've seen from them (the newer Macs have PCI slots).  This card didn't
work in that mac, so we tried my Kingston 10/100.  They worked in both
machines, so we agreed to trade for the duration.  Needless to say, both
parties were satisfied with the deal.  :)