Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:47:28 +0000
From:      Chris <chrcoluk@gmail.com>
To:        "Jeremy Chadwick" <koitsu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Stephen Hurd <shurd@sasktel.net>
Subject:   Re: ad0 READ_DMA TIMEOUT errors on install of 7.0-RELEASE

> If you replace the disk and you still continue to see DMA errors, then
> my vote would be that you're experiencing the same thing others (and
> myself, on one occasion) are.  I've done my best to bring this issue to
> the attention of proper people in recent days, and that's all I can say
> on the matter.
>
> --
> | Jeremy Chadwick                                    jdc at parodius.com |
> | Parodius Networking                           http://www.parodius.com/ |
> | UNIX Systems Administrator                      Mountain View, CA, USA |
> | Making life hard for others since 1977.                  PGP: 4BD6C0CB |

Ouch, I have a server which both hds show dma errors all new hardware.
 I cant rule out hardware failure, incompatible sata interface etc.
but if it is a freebsd bug then surely its a showstopper as stability
is compromised which freebsd has built its reputation on.  Did they
push ahead with release because waiting for the mia dev?

Chris