Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:43:14 -0400
From:      Steve Bertrand <steve@ibctech.ca>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   GELI encrypted ZFS zpool

Hi everyone,

I have an older storage box that I've upgraded to -stable. It currently
uses 7 SCSI disks mashed together with gstripe.

I've recently replaced this box with a new one running a ZFS setup. I'm
now wanting to turn the old one into a storage device running ZFS, but I
want the entire pool encrypted with GELI.

I know I can do this, but my requirements are as such:

- use a key on external media to access the GELI encrypted disks
- not have to type in the passphrase for each physical disk

...is this possible?

Here is a reference to what I am after:

(Google Groups): http://tinyurl.com/4xrysl

Thanks for any consideration,