Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:21:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan Mahoney Jr." <danm@DanMahoney.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pppctl as non-root?

Hey, in my ppp.conf I have the line

set server /var/tmp/internet "" 0177

Thi works when I use pppctl as root, since the resulting file is
root-owned (with the group bin).  But I am unable to use pppctl to connect
to this as a non-root entity, even when that entity is in the wheel and
network groups (of course it works if I su, but I'd prefer not to, as my
connection is rather crappy, and it often requires a manual down/dial
(don't knock it, it's free).

Is there some way to either get that file so users other than root can
access it or make pppctl read it regardless of who's using it?

Thanks.

-Dan Mahoney

--

"SOY BOMB!"

-The Chest of the nameless streaker of the 1998 Grammy Awards' Bob Dylan
Performance.

Dan Mahoney
Gushi on efnet IRC
ICQ:13735144