Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 1999 13:57:13 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        Markus Stumpf <maex-freebsd-hackers@Space.Net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X mailers (was Re: ANNOUNCE: Linux ABI/SDK standards for OpenGL/Mesa)

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 01:21:09PM +0200, Markus Stumpf wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 12:08:01PM +1000, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> > Lots of folk use procmail, but since I'm using qmail as an MTA,
> > I thought I'd see if I could use it's native methods, and it's
> > really easy, with a shell script that's just a case $SENDER
> > block.
>
> It's even "easier" :-)
[cut long explanations]

My .procmailrc-entry:

:0:
* ^Sender:.owner-freebsd-\/[^@]+@FreeBSD.ORG
{
  LISTNAME=${MATCH}
  :0
  * LISTNAME??^\/[^@]+
  FreeBSD-lists/${MATCH}
}

My .muttrc-entry:

mailboxes `echo $HOME/Mail/FreeBSD-lists/*`

(at least that's the part for the FreeBSD lists, that line in my
.muttrc of course contains my other mailfolders as well).

Yours has the great advantage of being able to see from where
your email-address got leaked to a spammer etc., mine doesn't do
that :).

bye,
  Harold

--
<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet