Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:48:27 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Young' <young@richardson.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to find the source of a ppp disconnection (was: Unable to con nect via ppp)

Not in FreeBSD (unless timeout is set to a non-zero number), but most isp's
will drop an inactive connection.

If you still belive it is relative to the timeout setting, set it to some
obnoxious number, like um.. 3600 (1hr).  I'm willing to bet it won't make a
difference.

As for ppp.log not providing enough information.  That can be changed, there
are a number of things that ppp can be set to log, unfortunately I don't
remember the exact log setting you are looking for to track down the cause
of your problem.  Hopefully someone else will chime in on this one.

On a side note, you don't need to use natd or -alias if you have registered
ip addresses.  Those are for networks with unregistered addresses.

-Chris