Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 14:01:14 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Ramkumar Chinchani <rc27@cse.Buffalo.EDU>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, arr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kevent subsystem

Robert Watson wrote:
> This looks much more like a syslog/audit/... mechanism, and not really
> much like keven, which is about applications getting event notification on
> system objects.  You might be interested in talking to Andrew Reiter
> <arr@FreeBSD.org> about his work on the TrustedBSD audit framework, but
> otherwise I'm not really sure we have something like this in the works
> right now.

Sure we do.  It's a source forge project.  We have exactly the code
he is talking about, unless someone screws up and writes non-portable
code.

Also, the MQ Series code from IBM appears to run on FreeBSD with
Linux emulation, and the source code compiles (but good luck getting
it externally to IBM, except for the client code).

-- Terry