Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:55:34 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
To:        "Chris Huisman" <chuisman@telusplanet.net>, "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Apache problems

Chris,

mod_ssl does a little trick whereby it conditionally loads the mod_ssl
module.  I have experienced problems with other mod_??? ports or packages
added after mod_ssl.  What happens is that the new modules install their
config lines in httpd.conf inside the conditional block which is intended
for mod_ssl only.

The symptoms you describe look like this might be your problem.

This was described in more detail on this list just last week.  Have a look
for it in the archive if you need more detail.

Patrick.