Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:32:33 +0100
From:      ANDREAS.KLEMM.AK@bayer-ag.de
To:        "        -         (052)mjacob(a)feral.com" <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        "        -         (052)scsi(a)FreeBSD.ORG" <scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Antwort: Re: It%s not the write cache on 3.0-STABLE and not

Hi !

Well, but why especially with this kind of hardware / harddisk ???
I doesn*%t have any problems with my machine at home and
get with 5200 U/min narrow SCSI harddisks (IBM DORS 32160)
more write throughput, than with this ultra scsi device.

And what is astonishing: in 2.2.7 you can solve the problem by disabling
tagged queuing ! When I disabled tagged queuing in 3.0-STABLE, it
still had this write performance / slowness on console problem.

Well, I*%d loved to investigate this problem further, but the timescale to
install
the system is over and I had to install 2.2.7 :-/

Is there perhaps somebody other with this Seagate drive for further testing ???

It looks for me like a race condition in our SCSI driver in combination with
that
special firmware. Have no other idea what could cause this ... Especially
because
only 2.2.7 without tagged solves the problem.... But not CAM without tagged.

BTW, when I reduce the min/max number of tags for that drive under 3.0-STABLE
(from 990210) min = 8, max=16, I got SCSI Errors on the console. I think it
were aborted SCB*%s or such ...

Well then I had to give up and install 2.2.7 ....

 Andreas ///

mjacob@feral.com on 14.02.99 19:25:45
Bitte antworten an mjacob@feral.com @ INTERNET