Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 21:32:47 +0930
From:      Mike Gratton <mike@vee.net>
To:        "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE, 4.7-RELEASE vs Asus P2B-DS motherboard

Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:

> During the boot from 4.6-RELEASE floppies, or
> 4.7-RELEASE floppies the boot process hangs right after detecting my
> parralel port.

I had the exaxt same problem with an old Asus A7V, and an older version
of FBSD. IIRC, either disabling USB or the parallel port worked around
the problem. In the end, a BIOS upgrade fixed it. I believe it was an
IRQ conflict of some sort. In my experience, Asus boards tend to have a
lot of problems with IRQs.

HTH,
Mike.

--
Mike Gratton.                                 "Every motive escalate."
<jabber:mjg@jabber.vee.net>