Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:06:20 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        nsayer@FreeBSD.org, funa@funa.org, j@gu.ru
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RFR: spic(4)/moused(8) -CURRENT and -STABLE patches

Hi all,

As an idle src committer, I'm requesting additional peer review
for the following patches:

	http://csociety.org/~will/jogdial-current-2.diff
	http://csociety.org/~will/jogdial-stable-2.diff

These patches:

	1) Modify the spic(4) driver to support additional Sony
	   Vaio laptop models.
	2) Add support to moused(8) for the spic(4) driver.
	3) Do not break world or kernel/LINT builds.  :-)
	4) Work.  :-)

(1) was submitted by Akira Funahashi-san <funa@funa.org>.
(2) was submitted by Juriy Goloveshkin <j@gu.ru>.

I adjusted the path for sys/sys/mouse.h's diff for -stable to
sys/i386/include/mouse.h.  I also modified Funahashi-san's patch
to refer to the versapad type in the static array of mouse names
as per his suggestion.  I think it's strange it wasn't added
there before when versapad support was added to moused(8).

As far as I can tell, both of the above patches work on their
respective branches.

I've already asked Nick Sayer <nsayer@FreeBSD.org>, the original
author of the spic(4) driver, about whether or not MFC'ing
spic(4) would be OK with him, and he's concurred.  I have not
heard from him on whether the patches are OK, but I've reviewed
them to the best of my ability.

I am also looking for people to test the -STABLE patch on their
Vaio laptops to see if anyone else sees problems.  Simply
download the -STABLE patch and apply it like so:

	# cd /usr/src
	# fetch http://csociety.org/~will/jogdial-stable-2.diff
	# patch < jogdial-stable-2.diff

Then add the spic0 device as is from LINT, build, install,
reboot.  Sorry, no module version available yet.

Once a final patch has been done for -CURRENT, I will commit it.
A week later, if there are no problems, I will commit the
-STABLE version.

Thanks,
--
wca