Date:      Fri, 3 Jun 2016 13:40:54 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HAST, zfs and local mirroring

Hi.

On 02.06.16 19:50, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:
> I am suggesting next setup:
>
> node0:
>   own pool zroot0: mirror-0: local_disk0
>       	   	   	     remote-iscsi_disk1/1
>   local_disk1: exported by iscsi as remote-iscsi_disk0/1 to node1
>
> node1:
>   own pool zroot1: mirror-0: local_disk0
>       	   	   	     remote-iscsi_disk0/1
>   local_disk1: exported by iscsi as remote-iscsi_disk1/1 to node0
>

> No HAST.
> Disks synced by ZFS over iSCSI.
But this way I will get two independent zfs pools (or I still didn't get
it), one half of each will be stored on another machine. And I need
something different - a continuously replicated disk resource, that
would be available on both machines in case either will crash. Cluster
filesystem would be fine, but as far as I know there's no such thing on
FreeBSD, so I accept it will be unavailable on slave while mounted as
read-write on the master. HAST looks like a thing thats fits my
requirement, only that I wank it to be redundant inside each host too,
and all the documentation shows examples without local redundancy.

Thanks.
Eugene.