Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 17:46:27 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NO MORE '-BETA'

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 05:18:45PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> You stated that -BETA actually is a bit less stable than -STABLE and
> hence should be -BETA.  The problem is that:
>   THERE'S NO WARNING UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY BOOT WITH YOUR '-BETA' SYSTEM

Ok, so now you've pissed off JKH so much he has nixed
4.4-{BETA,PRERELEASE,whatever}.  Well, the potential bugginess of -STABLE
right before release will still be there, but there will be nothing to
alert the user about it.  All you've done is removed valuable testing of
Ports building.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)