Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:18:14 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        Iain Templeton <iain@research.canon.com.au>, Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: US checking accounts for non-US residents

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 09:42:02PM -0700, Crist J. Clark wrote:
>=20
> Not that I don't find the idea that when I use another bank's ATM
> machine I have to pay $1.50 service charge to the bank who owns the
> ATM, _plus_ another $1.50 to my bank for the honor of getting my money
> from someone else's machine a bit too much.

What I really don't get is that a substantial number of people are more
upset that they have to pay the owner of a machine the cost well over
$50,000 and has hugh maintnance costs due to its mechanical complexity
then that they have to pay their own bank a similar amount to transfer
a few thousands bytes of data.

-- Brooks

--=20

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw