Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 13:47:23 +1000
From:      "Bob Willson" <jwillson@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Kernel trap 12 bug

I am trying to install to an AST computer.
While booting and after having deleted most of the drivers, I wished to find out how to add more/different drivers.
I pressed the ? key and went to help
Here you can scroll up and down using the D and U keys
I scrolled past the end of the page a couple of times and then got a 'kernel trap12 with interrupts disabled'

Full message is:
fatal trap12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address = 0xffffffff
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xc227b8a
stack pointer = 0x10:0xc603e10
frame pointer = 0x10:0xc603e18
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xffffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags = resume, IOPL = 0
current process = 0 ()
interrupt mask = net tty bio cam
trap number = 12
panic: page fault
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

And I STILL can't find out how to load the SmartCACHE III SCSI drivers

Bob Willson