Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:39:07 +0000
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: libc 3.0

Warner Losh wrote in message ID
<199603300411.VAA07405@rover.village.org>:
> : NETISO and NETNS have been killed.

> I'll be happy to add them back, as stubs returning errors, if it would
> mean we didn't have to bump the major rev.

revision 1.14
date: 1996/02/06 20:35:31;  author: wollman;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
Remove support for OSI networking in user-land (#ifdef OSI aor CCITT)
in preparation for its removal from the kernel source tree.  NB: because
a function was deleted, libc is now at version 3.0 (was 2.2 previously).

The change has been in the tree over a month. People running -current
will already have the library. There is no easy way to REDUCE the
version number... It would require everyone to manually delete
/usr/lib/libc.so.3.0...

Gary