Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 2014 18:33:52 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        stable-list freebsd <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 10.0-RC4 -> 10.0-RC5: Rebuilding ports (was: Xorg stopped using /dev/sysmouse)

On 01/09/2014 14:42, Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
> Is it necessary to rebuild all ports due to the ABI change in r260406?
> Is there a reasonable way to find out, which ports are affected? Is
> r260406 related at all?

In case anyone else wonders, how serious "It is recommended to rebuild
and install all applications if possible" from the announcement should
be taken coming from a previous RC:

At least sysutils/hal malfunctions due to the restored ABI.

Searching for the dynamic uses of kinfo_getfile:

find /usr/local/ -type f | while read -r FILE ; do readelf -s "$FILE"
2>/dev/null | grep kinfo_getfile && echo "$(pkg which -qo "$FILE")
$FILE" ; done

On my system, sysutils/tmux, x11/konsole, and sysutils/hal are using it.

Of course, there could be other uses of kinfo_file.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik