Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:39:49 -0400
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "John Goodleaf" <goodleaf@goodleaf.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Recommendations: Tape Drives

I recently purchased an Exabyte FS10G, which I was unable to find docs
for. Upon installation, the system found it to be an 8505. It does 5GB
native, 10GB w/ compression. It uses an 8mm 112m tape. The Exabytes
are pretty well supported among several OS's and you can pick them up
in the ~$100 range on eBay (used, of course). I got mine with an
external cd-rom for my sparc, including SCSI cables and terminator for
$113. You will need to supply a SCSI controller though. Not that my
usage matters, but since no one else has answered, I wanted to toss
one in here since I was in the same boat once.
-Otter