Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 02:45:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, BOUWSMA Beery <freebsd-user@dcf77-zeit.netscum.dyndns.dk>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Performance of FreeBSD vs NetBSD (was: Re: Performance of -current vs -stable)

--- Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:
> As you are no doubt aware there are significant infrastructural
> changes in -current relating to SMP scalability.  It's in a very
> interim state at the moment, and one of the downsides is increased
> interrupt latency and lock contention for certain operations (yes,
> audio playback is one of them).
>
> Basically, it's a known issue.

Yep.  I agree with Kris, as this issue was discussed in the -current
list somewhere.  And also, I have been running CURRENT for a while now
(around 7/8 months), and it has been going pretty smoothly in the tasks
I do.  I use mpg123, and xamp for a while with CURRENT and although there
are lock issues, but they will be solved by either me, or someone else who
can do it. (as I am running an SMP test CURRENT system)