Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 1995 16:59:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Rob Snow <rsnow@txdirect.net>
To:        "Question@FreeBSD.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        tony-o@iij.ad.jp
Subject:   IIJ-PPP performance, again

I believe I sent a message to the FreeBSD mailing list about a month ago
about performance of iij-ppp.  (I cant remember and no sent mail message
in sent-mail folder)

Has anyone seen slow performance out of iij-ppp compared to other ppp
clients? (ie. Trumpet Winsock 2.0b, same machine)  I've also noticed
that the slow performance seems only on my side of the connection.  I've
transfered 3 files to and from my ISP over my iij-ppp link and seen very
different performance numbers.

The three files represent:

	twsk20b.zip		compressed binary
	view			binary
	web2a			ascii

Would anyone care to comment on the following numbers:

                    TRANSFERED FILE
	     twsk20b.zip     view	web2a
                           115200
oasis->ISP	2.7	     4.6	7.0KB/sec
ISP->oasis	1.9	     3.1	5.0

                            57600
oasis->ISP	2.8	     4.4	5.6KB/sec
ISP->oasis	2.3	     3.4	5.2

oasis->ISP shows direction of data flow.
ie. oasis->ISP = oasis is server and ISP is client.

---
Rob Snow
rsnow@txdirect.net