Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 1997 14:21:15 +0000
From:      amg <ursa@cris.com>
To:        bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   possible bugs

Gentlemen:

   I believe that I have uncovered a couple of
 bugs in 2.1.6.  The systems that I am running are:

   2.1.0 on an ALR with a PS/2 mouse, psm0
   2.1.6 on an IBM with a PS/2 mouse, not sucessful.

 First suspected bug in 2.1.6:

   I used a known good kernel config (modified LINT)
 which I use with 2.1.0 to try to reconfigure the
 2.1.6 kernel.  It appears that the compile ran to
 completion and ../../libkern/libkern.a was linked
 to libkern.a, but the display gave the following:

   ioconf.o  undefined symbol '_ahcdriver' ....
   ioconf.o  undefined symbol '_ahcintr'   ....
   ioconf.o  undefined symbol '_ahbdriver' ....
   ioconf.o  undefined symbol '_ahbintr'   ....

 As I'm running an Adeptec 2742 controller, these
 variables are required for my system.

 Second suspected bug in 2.1.6:

   If I do not disable psm0, via userconfig at the
 "boot" prompt,  the system will NOT accept kybd
 input at the login prompt - the system appears to
 hang.  Both 2.1.0 and 2.1.6, at the userconfig
 visual interface, show a confict between psm0 and
 sc0, both at addresses 0x60.  However, the 2.1.0
 system functions and startx runs, while the 2.1.6
 system goes off in space and does not accept login.

                      any help will be appreciated,

                      ursa@cris.com