Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:58:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up! /etc/rc.conf.site is dead.

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     I think it's a *BAD* idea to change rc.conf operation for the 3.1
>     distribution.  Bad Bad Bad.

I have to agree.  Let's not forget that there are over 30 man
pages with references to /etc/rc.conf.  There is already enough
confusion over wcd in /dev with everything else refering to it as
acd, and no documentation about when to just ignore
"tagged openings now ".  Both of these issues are already popping
up in questions and the news groups.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null