Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 18:36:25 +0000
From:      Simon Siemonsma <s.siemonsma@hccnet.nl>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fixing hardware conflicts during install (was "")

Sometimes you can get hardware conflicts.
I myself had some IRQ conflicts, the solution was to tell the BIOS that I
didn't have a plug and play system.
Simple put plug and play consists out of two parts
	-resolving hardware conflicts
	-recognising the different hardware
By telling the BIOS that I didn't have an PnP system, I instructed it to
resolve the hardware conflicts.
FreeBSD is able to recognise the hardware, but not to resolve hardware
conflicts, so on this way all part of PnP where taken care of.
If you also run Windows on your system: it will work fine with this BIOS
setting.

Simon Siemonsma