Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:07:49 +0100
From:      Michael McGoldrick <mmcgoldrick@linuxdriven.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI brokenness

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 05:23:34PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 01-Oct-2002 Michael McGoldrick wrote:

> >> What exact problem do you have.  No PCI devices?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
> >> "Power Users Use the Power to Serve!"  -  http://www.FreeBSD.org/

> > Yes, the kernel seems to attempt to mount root right after this line:
> > device_probe_and_attach: acpi0 attach returned 6
>
> Can you try with the stuff I committed yesterday?  It fixed the case (for
> my tests at least) of legacy0 failing to attach or probe when acpi failed
> to attach.
>
> --
>
> John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
> "Power Users Use the Power to Serve!"  -  http://www.FreeBSD.org/

I'm cvsupping now, will let you know in a few hours (barring random reboots)
This does sound like it should cure my problem though.
If it fails, I will give Mitsuru Iwasaki's acpi patch a try, however, this
machine is not particularly quick and I won't be around for a few hours, so I
will probably report this evening some time.

--
Michael McGoldrick: mmcgoldrick@linuxdriven.net