Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 1996 09:35:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        "C. Novara" <Christophe.Novara@inforoute.cgs.fr>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Root connexion over network

Don't.  There is little reason to allow it.  root should only be used when
necessary, and something like su should be used when you need to do things
as root.  This is mainly for logging; if someone logs in as root from the
console, you know it has to be someone with access to the console.  If
someone does it over the network, you have no idea who it is.

That said, if you really want to, allow this add "secure" to the end of
each ttyp* line in /etc/ttys and do a "kill -HUP 1".