Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 19:41:44 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading Hackers to VMailer

According to Vince Vielhaber:
> Hmmm.  Why sendmail AND vmailer?  Qmail with could have done both
> and with ezmlm (also from qmail) and its majordomo emulation the
> whole thing would have been compatible with the original setup and

VMailer is more sendmail compatible than Qmail and Majordomo is not able to
tell the difference. VMailer uses less network resources than Qmail (you
don't have one recipient for each message and we can use the regional mail
relays better).

Comments about Qmail vs VMailer in either -chat or private email, being
unrelated to FreeBSD per se.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-BETA #2: Sat Oct  3 11:34:55 CEST 1998