Date:      Thu, 04 Sep 1997 06:24:11 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        "Troy Settle" <st@i-Plus.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: K56 Support Code in ppp?

> What additional support is needed? I've got my FreeBSD-2.2.2 box dialed up
> with a k56flex modem (Supra) right now.  I couldn't tell you the exact
> speed, but it's definitely much faster than 33.6.

I agree, "what additional support is needed?" Hooked a USR 56k up for a
day or two. No problems. No changes from my Supra 33.6. Went back to the
Supra as my phone line wouldn't do 56k.

Use your favorite tty comm program (mine is kermit) and connect to the
modem after you've dropped your ppp connection. Try "at%q1" and "at%q2"
for some interesting reading. At the very least you'll see the max and
min speeds used for each of TX and RX.

Sorry, I'm dialed in right now so I can't get to them. And didn't have
a copy laying around in an xterm scrollback.

Works for my SupraSonic. But the bestest feature of the SupraSonic is the
two line LCD display that says "V34 T240. R28.8" right now. Would prossibly
stay with my old Supra and LCD even if 56k worked hear simply for the
LCD.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net