Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2000 23:56:38 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Temperature/Humidity sensors

Hi,
"Shawn Barnhart" wrote:
> Are there any temperature and/or humidity sensors that can be used with
> FreeBSD, particularly through some kind of out-of-the-box software?  I'm
> interested in ambient room temp and/or humidity, not motherboard or CPU
> temps.

Some UPSs (Uninterruptible Power Supplies) have humidity detectors built in,
(my particular APC does not, but I think some APCs may).
I guess such humidity readings would be closer to room values than the internal
temperature readings, which for my 2nd hand APC fluctuate around 49 to 62
Centigrade, as shown by FreeBSD-4.1 ports/sysutils/upsd & nut.

Julian
-
Julian Stacey	http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/
Munich Unix Consultant.		Free BSD Unix with 3600 packages & sources.