Date:      Thu, 04 Sep 1997 07:06:46 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: K56 Support Code in ppp?

I said earlier:

> Sorry, I'm dialed in right now so I can't get to them. And didn't have
> a copy laying around in an xterm scrollback.

One day I'll look into pppd with the intent of understanding more about
how it terminates a connection. I give it a simple "kill" and it apparently
tells the other end to quit. But then never drops DTR on my end. Modem
retrains a dead line and eventually gives up. Am betting its the Ascend
modems on the far end that are not ACK'ing my PPP disconnect and letting
my end cleanly close.

But here are the results of at%q[12] I was looking for. Don't know what
hardly any of it means.

nospam: {755} alias modem
kermit -c -l /dev/ttyd1 -b 115200
nospam: {756} modem
Connecting to /dev/ttyd1, speed 115200.
The escape character is Ctrl-\ (ASCII 28, FS)
Type the escape character followed by C to get back,
or followed by ? to see other options.
at%q1
TX data rate         = 24000  min = 24000  max = 24000
RX data rate         = 26400  min = 26400  max = 28800
Far echo delay       = 2ms
Far echo level       = -50dBm
Pre-emphasis filter  = 2
Pre-Coding           = TX 1 RX 1
Shaping              = TX 1 RX 1
Non-linear encoding  = TX 1 RX 0
Trellis mapping      = 16-4D
SNR                  = 33dB
Normalized band width= 150Hz-3825Hz
Symbol rate          = 3429

OK
at%q2

Termination reason   = Carrier loss
Transmitted bytes    =     226146
Received bytes       =    2041210

Transmitted I frames =       7659     Octets               =     125843
Received I frames    =      13649     Octets               =    1421292
Bad frames received  =       1490     T401 resent I frames =          0
SREJs received       =          0     Resent I frames      =          0
REJs received        =          2     Resent I frames      =          5
SREJs transmitted    =          0
REJs transmitted     =         29

SREJ                 =   disabled
Transmit window size =         15