Date:      Tue, 05 Jan 1999 17:11:45 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Memphisto <szoli@netvisor.hu>
Subject:   Re: Any success with that nTFS driver?

Memphisto wrote:

> I've downloaded it, but couldn't compile mount_ntfs, cause it needed some
> mntopts.h that couldn't be found anywhere. I've got a FBSD-2.2.7-RELEASE
> system and got ntfs-releng22-0.11beta.tgz from the distribution site.

mntopts.h is in the source archives (CD 1 /src), ssbin.* IIRC. Also, I
found a bug in 0.11beta. Semen has just sent me a patch which I'm
going to try out when I get home (in about an hour)....

*** ntfs_subr.c.orig    Tue Jan  5 15:09:11 1999
--- ntfs_subr.c Tue Jan  5 15:17:17 1999
***************
*** 626,637 ****

                if( iavap ) {
                        if( attrnum == NTFS_A_INDXROOT ) cn = 0;
!                       else cn++;

                        while( ntfs_cntob(cn) < iavap->va_datalen ) {
                                if( bmp[cn >> 3] & (1 << (cn & 3)) )
                                        break;
!                               cn++;
                        }

                        attrnum = NTFS_A_INDX;
--- 626,637 ----

                if( iavap ) {
                        if( attrnum == NTFS_A_INDXROOT ) cn = 0;
!                       else cn+=ntfs_btocn(blsize + ntfs_cntob(1) -
1);

                        while( ntfs_cntob(cn) < iavap->va_datalen ) {
                                if( bmp[cn >> 3] & (1 << (cn & 3)) )
                                        break;
!                               cn+=ntfs_btocn(blsize + ntfs_cntob(1)
- 1);
                        }

                        attrnum = NTFS_A_INDX;

> Sebestyn Zoltn <szoli@netvisor.hu>      I'm believing that the Holy Spirit is
>                                         gonna allow the hand, and the foot, and
> MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR                    the mouth, just to begin to speak, and
>                                         to minister, and to heal coordinated by
>                                         the head.
>
> I use UNIX because reboots are for hardware upgrades.
>
>                     -- Eagerly waiting for FreeBSD 2.2.8 --

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd.
Bath, Avon, England.  Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com