Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:42:50 -0600
From:      Greg Schrader <g-schrader@northwestern.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.7 install hanging on Dell 1650

Hello,

I have a brand new Dell 1650, Perc 3/Di, w/dual on-board nics (Intel Pro
1000)...and would like to get the latest version of FreeBSD (4.7) on
it....but, as it approaches the sysintall portion, it hangs.

it gets as far as....

/stand/sysinstall running as init on vtg0

..and won't go any further....keyboard and mouse are dead....all you can do
is force reboot....and the entire thing starts over again.....I've
eliminated all conflicts in the full visual screen setup ....but, that
didn't seem to make any difference...

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar behavior....Maybe
new IRQ setting(s) for the RAID and/or NICs?  If so, what would be a good
configuration?

thanks.

Greg

Greg Schrader