Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 10:49:32 +0200
From:      Schuendehuette Matthias <Matthias.Schuendehuette@bln7.siemens.de>
To:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 'xl'+DP83840 broken?

Hello,

> I guess see PR kern/27722 on www.freebsd.org

Bingo! Thanks a lot, Wilko.

Since I'm tracking STABLE, I replaced revision 1.2.2.3 of nsphy.c (which was
merged from current on May 14th) with 1.2.2.2 from W.Paul. This solved all
my problems!

IMHO the "new" nsphy.c has nothing to do with anything called "STABLE",
(BTW: it killed the connected switchport after some time - nothing that I
like :-( ). And it doesn't help to fix problems with 'fxp' while breaking
'xl'. This MFC should be withdrawn.

Thanks a lot again and...

Ciao/BSD - Matthias