Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 1996 14:10:42 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Stefan Esser <se@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ncr53c810 driver in stable/current

> >    We've seen this problem on freefall (which uses the NCR controller). It
> > likes to hang when we try to reboot it. I don't recall any fixes for this,
> > and I don't know what causes it.
>
>Hmm, I have not heard about this problem on other systems ...
>
>Could both of you please send details on the configuration:
>
>1) CPU class (eg. P5/133)

   P5/100

>2) controller chip (810 or 825)

   810

>3) disk drives connected

   I don't have an exact answer to this at the moment, but I think freefall
has three Quantum PD-1800, one Quantum Grand Prix (might be a Seagate
Baracuda), and a Toshiba 3501 CDROM drive.

>4) type of hang (does the SDMS BIOS probe complete ?)

   The hang is at shutdown, not startup. Jordan might be able to tell you if
there are any console messages prior to the hang.

-DG

David Greenman