Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 19:08:55 +0000
From:      Simon Siemonsma <s.siemonsma@hccnet.nl>
To:        Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting-up CUPS with HP Deskjet 710C problems

I have a so called Windows printer. As far I now I can't just print ascii to
it, but hopefully I'm wrong. In which case I would appreciate you to tell me
how I should do this. I tried to echo something to lpt0 but it didn't work.
At boot time the printer is recognised however.
I'm very much thinking about giving it up and give lpd a try instead. Is that
may be better?

Simon Siemonsma