Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 12:35:45 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   how to expand teTeX-betas pool-size for jadetex, and which value ...

Hi !

Want to setup a FreeBSD webserver for my local use.
Have problems with TeX's pool size.

BTW, first I tried the newest available teTeX version,
but using this version there are some problems with
classes (french), I even couldn't create the jadetex
.fmt file.

Well, so I downgraded to the standard teTeX-beta port.
But now these runtime problems with pool size.

==> TeX pass 1/3
tex "&jadetex" handbook.tex
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.2)
(handbook.tex
JadeTeX 1998/10/12: 2.3
(/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/t1ptm.fd)
(/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/jadetex/isoents.tex
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=14377].
l.1527 \def\
            Entsqsubset{\ensuremath{\sqsubset}}% 228F

Which files exactly do I have to tune ?

Now I changed into the teTeX subdir and changed pool_size to 100000
in every .ch and .web file (for tex, metafont, bibtex). That's
perhaps overkill. What's your recommendation ?

Please do a group reply, I don't have freebsd-doc subscribed.

Thanks a lot

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas