Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:50:28 -0400
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Shawn Halpenny <malachai@iname.com>, Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        gnome-list@gnome.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gnome INSANE shared memory usage

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 02:30:42PM -0400, Shawn Halpenny wrote:
> I have not had any of the problems he's describing.  I have never modified
> my shared memory settings in my kernel config either.  If the problem is
> indeed Xfree 4.0, then I guess it must be a driver issue (I'm using
> the neomagic driver).

I think you may have a point there.  While trying to find out whether
XFree86 had an option to disable the MIT-SHM extension (it doesn't
as far as I could tell - I ended up editing the binary and NOPping
it out) I noticed that some of the code seems to be in the hardware
driver area.

I'm using a dual-headed configuration with a Voodoo 3 and a Number Nine
(S3 ViRGE VX).
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/