Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2007 19:03:54 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: powerd freeze with amd 5000 X2 but not with lower cpus

On Saturday 28 July 2007 14:47:17 Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 03:46:15PM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > Meanwhile I found a workaround for my system: I had SCHED_ULE configured
> > in my kernel - switching to SCHED_4BSD gets rid of the freezes. Should
> > have thought of that sooner, ISTR having problems with powerd and
> > SCHED_ULE even on single cpu P4s.
>
> I see you've now learned a reason why no-one should be using SCHED_ULE
> on FreeBSD < 7

so using ULE in 7 is ok ? ? ?

you already told once ULE is broken in 6 what is nonsense as probably using=
=20
ULE in 7 is ...

ULE in 6.x is absolutely ok and it runs depending on situation faster than=
=20
4BSD with correct kernel and sysctl settings for it and it is perfectly=20
stable, specially with polling + net.isr.enable + net.inet.ip.forwarding +=
=20
some other tweaks depending on the servers load and several NICs on a route=
r=20
probably up to 4-6MB continuous throughput when then 4BSD gets faster but n=
ot=20
so much, small and midsize MySQL seems to be faster with ULE too especially=
=20
with small r/w  packages

ULE also seems to be faster on a desktop with SMP and KDE on X2 CPUs and yo=
u=20
can feel it=20

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o