Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 14:53:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Paul Emerson <paul@gta.com>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GNAT Box

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Mon,  1 June 1998 at  3:06:06 -0400, Paul Emerson wrote:
> > This isn't a commercial post so please don't take it that way.

Ok.

> > Our system is based on FreeBSD, however all the firewall, NAT and most of
> > the functionality other than the kernel core code, PPP and the like was
> > written by us (GTA, Inc.) originally back in 1994.  So we aren't using any
> > of the NAT or FW stuff from FreeBSD, rather it is our own design.
> >
> > We have a free Light version available on our web site:
> > http://www.gnatbox.com/
>
> Looks good.  Where's the "Powered by FreeBSD" emblem?

Good question. I'd say that the kernel (with card drivers), ppp,
ifconfig/ifmedia, bootloader and some other parts can justify at least
small mention of the system that does the dirty work...

Anyway, it looks good. Basically, it's what the "net" picobsd flopy does,
except the nifty UI and administration tool... But this is the direction
we're going to, so beware GTA! :-))

Andrzej Bialecki