Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:56:53 +0900
From:      "Takumi Hirai" <taku@fdc.rdc.ricoh.co.jp>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <taku@fdc.rdc.ricoh.co.jp>
Subject:   EAR

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C1CF56.4E765700

To whom it may concern,

We, RICOH Co. Ltd., would like to know whether the FreeBSD Software which we
are
obtaining from you are subject to Export Administration Regulation(EAR) of
USA, or not.

As you may be aware of, EAR not only prohibits to export "Controlled
Hi-technology Products" and/or "Controlled Technologies" of US-origin from
USA, but also to
re-export them from FOREIGN COUNTRIES to the "Controlled countries", such as
IRAN, IRAQ,
LIBYA, NORTH KOREA, and CUBA, etc.

If the FreeBSD Software is subject to  EAR, please lets us know the contents
of
Commerce Control List(CCL), such as its Export Commodity Classification
Number(ECCN),
the reason for control, and the controlled countries for it.

We thank you for your kind cooperation.

Best regards,
Takumi Hirai
RICOH Co. Ltd.

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C1CF56.4E765700

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-2022-jp">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>To whom it may concern,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We, RICOH Co. Ltd., would like to know whether the =
FreeBSD=20
Software which we are<BR>obtaining from you are subject to Export =
Administration=20
Regulation(EAR) of USA, or not.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As you may be aware of, EAR not only prohibits to =
export=20
"Controlled<BR>Hi-technology Products" and/or "Controlled Technologies" =
of=20
US-origin from USA, but also to<BR>re-export them from FOREIGN COUNTRIES =
to the=20
"Controlled countries", such as IRAN, IRAQ,<BR>LIBYA, NORTH KOREA, and =
CUBA,=20
etc.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If the FreeBSD Software is subject to&nbsp; EAR, =
please lets=20
us know the contents of<BR>Commerce Control List(CCL), such as its =
Export=20
Commodity Classification Number(ECCN), </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>the reason for control, and the controlled countries =
for=20
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We thank you for your kind cooperation.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Best regards,<BR>Takumi Hirai<BR>RICOH Co.=20
Ltd.<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C1CF56.4E765700--