Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 08:27:01 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Rod A Boyle" <boyler@pty.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wanting to install FreeBSD software

Hi there,
At 11:16 PM 4/22/97 -0400, Rod A Boyle wrote:
>I am wanting to install FreeBSD on my WINDOWS-95 system.  I have a 3.1GIG
>HDD which is split partitioned.  I have lots of stuff on both partitions
>but believe to have enough room for the FreeBSD install.

FreeBSD must reside on its OWN partition.

>Are they going to
>co-exist and will I bring up my system in either UNIX or WINDWOS-95 O/S
>mode.  What to do?

Yes, FreeBSD is an operating system of its own... You must boot one or the
other.  Have a look at http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html for more information.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)           * To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
Sentex Communications Corp,              * To be is to do  -- Sartre
Cambridge, Ontario                       * Do be do be do  -- Sinatra
(http://www.sentex.net/~mdtancsa)        *