Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:04:09 +0100
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>, Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>, Valentin Bud <valentin.bud@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Can't upgrade or deinstall phpMyAdmin

On Thursday 23 October 2008 10:36:15 Matthew Seaman wrote:
> The X dependencies come in via php5-gd and pecl-pdflib. php5-gd depends on
> gd, which depends on libXpm and t1lib which both depend on X libs.
> pecl-pdflib itself depends on php5-gd.  Turning off those two options will
> keep you X free.

More to the point, set WITHOUT_X11=yes in /etc/make.conf or on the command
line when building php5-gd and t1lib. On headless servers, putting it
in /etc/make.conf will save a few headaches.
Sadly, php5-gd hides the WITHOUT_X11 from the OPTIONS dialog, but it's in
the /usr/ports/lang/php5/Makefile.ext:

.if ${PHP_MODNAME} == "gd"
LIB_DEPENDS=    freetype.9:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2 \
                png.5:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/png \
                jpeg.9:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/jpeg
.       if !defined(WITHOUT_X11)
USE_XORG=       xpm
.       endif

So, if you need more finegrained control, put this in /etc/make.conf:

.if !empty(${.CURDIR:M*/graphics/php5-gd/*}) ||
	!empty(${.CURDIR:M*/devel/t1lib/*})
WITHOUT_X11=yes
.endif

> Valentin Bud wrote:
> |
> | I am not that good in FBSD so i'm asking

The good (if not best) thing about the ports system is that Makefiles are
readable, though the stuff in /usr/ports/Mk can be overwhelming, you can
figure out what does what from a port's Makefile pretty well, even when you
don't know much about make(1). And of course there's ports(7) and the
elaborate comments at the start of /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.