Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2006 14:22:23 +0800
From:      Foo JH <jhfoo-ml@extracktor.com>
To:        "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
Cc:        modperl_users List <modperl@perl.apache.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to compile libapreq2

Hi all,

With Philip's encouragement and some extra work thrown in, I've made the
following conclusion:
1. If I install Apache 2 + MP2 + libapreq2 using the existing port tree
in FBSD6.1, it's fine.
2. If I install FBSD6.1 + cvsup-without-gui + updated port tree +
Apache2 + MP2 + libapreq2, it reports 'cannot find -lexpat' error.
3. If I install FBSD6.1 + cvsup-without-gui + Apache2 + MP2 + libapreq2,
it reports 'cannot find -lexpat' error.

Is there something in cvsup-without-gui that screws up expat?