Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 00:40:48 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        relapz@purefusion.com (relapz)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best Network Monitor

On 23 Nov 1999 11:44:19 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.isp you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I making the arrangements to monitor our servers and was curious what the
>'best' freebsd tool would be. I've seen netconsole in use and had a look
>at www.netsaint.org, but can't seem to find them in the ports collection.

I dont know about the 'best', but you might try big brother...
/usr/ports/net/bb
It in conjunction with /usr/ports/net/ucd-snmp can cover most of the bases.
Another handy one is to use the Threshold facility in /usr/ports/net/mrtg.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)