Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2008 01:08:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Scott Bennett <bennett@cs.niu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, "tethys ocean" <tethys.ocean@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Core(TM)2 Quad and TOP output

     On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:25:26 +0300 "tethys ocean" <tethys.ocean@gmail.com>
top-posted:
>Pufz  I ve check all my server and I ve realize all my server is running
>only one CPU :(  all is 6.3 stable
>
>How  must I  add another CPU on running server.

     See further below.

>and 7.0 will have to be stable heyoo :D
>
>* 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Mon Jul 14 21:59:07 EEST 2008*
>

>On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Jos Chrispijn <jos@webrz.net> wrote:
>
>> Josh Carroll wrote:
>>
>>> Is SMP in GENERIC now in 6.3-STABLE then?
>>>

>> Nope, you have to add that line to it b4 you compile your Kernel again...

     That is not necessary either.  Take a look in /sys/i386/conf or
/sys/amd64/conf, depending upon which you are using.  Then do:

# config SMP
# cd ../compile/SMP
# make cleandepend && make depend && make && make install
# shutdown -r now

That should take care of it for you.  /sys/{i386,amd64}/conf/SMP adds
"options SMP" and then includes GENERIC.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG