Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 09:49:41 -0700
From:      bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), "Andrew Reilly" <areilly@nsw.bigpond.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X mailers (was Re: ANNOUNCE: Linux ABI/SDK standards for OpenGL/Mesa)

--==_Exmh_-926735252P

If memory serves me right, Marc van Kempen wrote:

> > Hi Nate,
> >
> > Somewhere , theres got to be a nice little email place where Unix people ca
> n talk about
> > usability and ease of software.
> >
> Just to toss in my 0.02 cents, I've been using exmh for a while and
> am on one hand very satisfied with it, on the other hand it's handling
> of mime and html is not good, so I'd be very interested in discussing
> this topic too.

I weigh in with the exmh crowd.  We've been hoping to cut a 2.1.0
release Real Soon Now for most of the (Northern Hemisphere) summer, I
think we'll get there Real Soon Now.  2.1.0 will have better PGP and GPG
support, among other things.  I fear it may be starting to suffer from
feeping creaturitis.

I've actually been pretty happy with the way that exmh deals with MIME
and HTML, so I'd be interested to hear what you think needs improvement
(maybe by private email if you don't want to clog the list any more than
it is already).

(For the record, the other mailers I've used before exmh were
/usr/bin/mail and VM.)

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-926735252P

--==_Exmh_-926735252P--